Updated Oct 2019
Day-to-day: Snr Front-end Engineer at Kainos in Birmingham. 🙋♂️
Recently finished working with Cambridge-based Telensa, building a front-end for their Urban Data Project subscriber platform, and Angular data-visualisation project.
Was lucky enough to visit Gdansk-based colleagues on this project which was a fantastic learning and team-building experience.
Currently experiencing something of a departure from my normal front-end work by making a utility in Node to parse a JSON schema into ES6.
Now involved in the early-stages of a complex discovery for improving our development processes.
It's exposing me to new aspects of software development outside of front-end which initially makes me feel out of place, but am taking it as an opportunity to build my resilience, and a great chance to learn more across an application.
Local Tech Events
- Atlassian Rules of Engagement
- Understand how to interact with others by understanding personality types: Speak First Animal Quiz (I'm mostly Owl).
- Understand your resilience
Really in to audiobooks this year, currently:
Loved these from earlier this/last year too!
- Atomic Habits, James Clear
- The Power of Habit, Charles Duhigg
- Deep Work, Cal Newport
- The Meditations, Marcus Aurelius 🔥
Podcast picks for this month
Health & fitness
Recently recovered from a knee injury which kept me off running for what felt like an age! I did discover road riding in the meantime - the road bike became my new favourite thing! Getting back on the running again now though! 🚀
Bouldering at 2-3 times a week 🧗
- Being deliberate with how I spend time. Having systematically cutting out much 'low value' time sinks/media, there is much time available. I need to be deliberate with using it to foster meaningful relationships and towards fulfilling things!
- Writing more about my experience at work and ideas (learning, value, growth, future of our work on the web)
- Really challenging my belief that just because I love what I do, I don't need to allow space around it.
- Giving myself credit and valuing my unique skills; not comparing myself harshly with others
Thanks for taking an interest!